Introducing Diptic Video: Make Moving Picture Masterpieces
26 Nov 2013
We're happy to announce the release of our new app, Diptic Video. Yes, video!
We’ve received so many emails asking us to add video, and we are excited to create an app specifically for video. Providing video functionality is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time. With advances in technology and social networks now supporting video, developing a video collaging app really was a no-brainer. As usual, we’ve added a few cool effects you won’t find in other apps, but the biggest differentiator with Diptic apps is always quality.
Here’s what you can do with Diptic Video:
- Create dynamic video collages using video clips or still photos (or a combination of both!) from your camera roll or – if you’re feeling inspired – take a photo or video on the spot with your device camera.
- Combine up to four video clips/photos in one of our 35 layouts.
- Select the Loop feature to make your video clips play on repeat.
- Choose from four playback modes: Forward (default), Forward + Reverse, Reverse, and Reverse + Forward. Play around with the different playbacks to put a fun twist on your videos, especially action shots of people jumping, playing sports, diving into a pool, etc.
- When Forward playback is combined with Loop, your video plays from start > finish > repeat cycle.
- Forward + Reverse plays from start to finish and then rewinds when the forward playback stops. Combine it with Loop to play from start > finish > rewind to start > finish > repeat cycle.
- Reverse playback plays videos in reverse (as you probably guessed), making your videos play from finish to start. Combine it with Loop to play finish > start > repeat cycle.
- Reverse + Forward plays in reverse from finish to start and then rewinds when the reverse playback stops. Combine it with Loop to play from finish > start > rewind to finish > repeat cycle.
- Add a soundtrack to your videos by picking any song from your iPhone.
- Control exactly how long video clips play by trimming (shortening) your video clips.
- Play your video clips at the same time or one after another via Sequential Playback.
- Swap photos between frames.
- Slide inner frame lines to make your layouts perfectly fit your photos/video clips.
- Round the inner borders, as well as modify thickness and color.
- Pan, rotate, mirror and zoom individual photos and videos.
Diptic Video is available in the iTunes Store and requires iOS 7 or higher. It is priced at $1.99 in the U.S. and is priced accordingly in other regions.
Give our new app a whirl and see why the most wow-inducing video collaging comes from Diptic – collaging app pioneers and innovators.